Setting up GitHub Education
- First, make sure you are NOT logged into your Name.com account.
- Once you confirm your student pack, log into GitHub with your student email and click on the https://education.github.com/pack/offers link. Then, locate Name.com on the page and click the link that connects you to our student page.
- On that page, click the green link that says "Click to login to GitHub".
- Next, search for a domain, keeping in mind that only certain TLDs are eligible for the promotion. Add the domain you want to your shopping cart.
- You will notice that the promo code is already applied. This is placed automatically by our system, so do not edit it.
- At checkout, you’ll be asked to log in to your Name.com account. Once you do, the promotion will be applied to your Name.com account and you can complete the purchase.
If the promotion will not go through or you get an error in the checkout, please verify your contact information is valid (including street address). You can update your Default Account Contacts in the Account Settings. Per ICANN policy, you must be using verifiable and valid contact information when you register a domain.
Also see: How to renew your domain name after the first free year.