Setting up GitHub Education
- First, make sure you are NOT logged into your Name.com account.
- Once you confirm your student pack, log into GitHub with your student email and click on the https://education.github.com/pack/offers link. Then, locate Name.com on the page and click the link that connects you to our student page.
- On that page, click the green link that says "Click to login to GitHub".
- Next, search for a domain, keeping in mind that only certain TLDs are eligible for the promotion. Add the domain you want to your shopping cart.
- You will notice that the promo code is already applied. This is placed automatically by our system, so do not edit it.
- At checkout, you’ll be asked to log in to your Name.com account. Once you do, the promotion will be applied to your Name.com account and you can complete the purchase.
Note: Per ICANN policy, you must be using verifiable and valid contact information when you register a domain. Please verify your contact information is valid, or this promotion will not go through. You can update your Default Account Contacts in the Account Settings.
Also see: How to renew your domain name after the first free year.