- Do Name.com nameservers support DNSSEC?
- Unfortunately, Name.com's nameservers currently do not support DNSSEC. If you wish to use DNSSEC you would need to use custom or third-party nameservers. Name.com does, however, enable you to configure your domain to work with DNS Providers that offers DNSSEC (assuming the TLD allows it). Because of this our support scope is limited in what assistance we can offer.
- What TLD's are supported for DNSSEC?
-DNSSEC is supported for most of the TLD's that name.com offers, using third-party nameservers. For more information on supported TLDs, refer to the registry's official documentation and https://wiki.hexonet.net/wiki/
- How do I add registry-level DNSSEC records?
- Please see our Managing DNSSEC guide.
- Why can't I remove (the top) DNSSEC record
- The DNSSEC record listed on the very top exists on your [third party] nameservers and not on the name.com environment. As such we do not have the authority to remove this record. The record that exists in our environment will have a Remove-button next to it, which will remove the record. If you do not see the Remove button, then it's on your nameservers and you need to delete them from there or contact your provider and they can assist with the removal.
- Where do I obtain my DNSSEC record/info?
- You can generate this with your DNS hosting provider [not name.com]. Please contact them for any information regarding this!
- What is the required information necessary to add a registry-level DNSSEC record?
- We require the following in order to add DNSSEC:
Key Tag: An integer value used to identify the DNSSEC record.
Algorithm: From the drop-down list, select the algorithm used to generate the signature.
Digest Type: From the drop-down list, select the algorithm type that was used to construct the digest.
Digest: A string value generated by the algorithm.
For instructions on how to add a registry-level DNSSEC record, please see Managing DNSSEC.
Find answers to your questions
Have more questions? Submit a request