Sometimes, when you are troubleshooting Encryption Everywhere issues, you will notice that the "Run AutoSSL" option is not available in the SSL/TLS Statuses section of the customer's cPanel. If you are following the Troubleshooting Encryption Everywhere Installation Issues article, in step 2, you be advised to choose the SSL/TLS Statuses option in the customer's cPanel, and then click "Run AutoSSL" to prompt the system to push the Encryption Everywhere installation again. However, sometimes, the "Run AutoSSL" button will not be there. This means that the AutoSSL, or Encryption Everywhere SSL as we more commonly refer to it, is not enabled for their account. To resolve this issue, you will need to login to WHM and re-enable this for them. This article will explain how to do that.
1. First, you will want to confirm that the "Run AutoSSL" button is not in the customer's cPanel. To do this, choose the SSL/TLS Statuses option in their cPanel. If you do not see this "Run AutoSSL" button, you will need to proceed with the steps shown in this guide. If you do see the "Run AutoSSL" button, you will want to switch over to the Troubleshooting Encryption Everywhere Installation Issues guide.
2. Once you have confirmed that the Run AutoSSL feature needs to be enabled for the customer, find out what their hosting server is by going to MyAccount>>WebHosting. You will see the server they are on in the web hosting dashboard. In this example we will be in HS37. Once you know their hosting server, go to WHM and login to the server.
3. On the first page of WHM you will see a list of options. Choose the SSL/TLS option
4. Then, click the "Manage AutoSSL" option
5. Click manage users, and then input their cPanel username. Select the "Enable AutoSSL" button, and then click the blue "check" button on the right. Once you do this, it can take up to 48 hours for this to process. After that, the Encryption Everywhere SSL should install, or you will see an error message in the SSL/TLS Statuses section. If you do see an error message there, follow the Troubleshooting Encryption Everywhere Installation Issues guide for further troubleshooting.