Name.com is happy to offer free SSL certificates for domains set up with our hosting. The SSLs will cover all of the domains and add-on domains on your hosting plan. However, it will not cover any subdomains, other than www. If you have a subdomain on your hosting plan you would like to cover with an SSL, it would need to be purchased separately.
In order for the hosting to install the free SSL, the DNS records for the domain need to be pointed to Name.com hosting, and then it will automatically be installed within 24 hours.
If the SSL is not installed within 24 hours - or if you'd like to skip the wait - please check the following:
- Is the domain's DNS connected to our hosting? See this guide on how to point your domain to our hosting
- Check the installation for any error messages or info by doing the following:
- Login to your cPanel hosting account.
- in cPanel, click the SSL/TLS Status Icon.
- Check all the domains/FQDN's you want to install SSL for and click Run AutoSSL.
If you're unable to run the AutoSS:
- Go back to the Cpanel dashboard and click the SSL/TLS icon
- Click Manage SSL Sites
- Uninstall any old SSL installations
- Go back to SSL/TLS Manager and try run auto SSL again (steps 1-3 above).
If it's still not working, have any questions or if you're unable to Run AutoSSL, please contact support.