Refunds should only be issued within 30 days. If we refund a certificate outside 30 days then we are stuck with the cost.
If an SSL certificate is not yet setup/issues - and it still has the -button - then we can refund without them having to do a cancellation.
If a certificate is setup and issues, then the customer needs to cancel it in the user portal before we can cancel, and refund.
Customer can only have 1 certificate per domain. As such, a certificate would need to be cancelled and removed before setting up a new. This requires the customer to cancel trough their user-portal.
If a customer wants to cancel, and refund a cert, please follow these steps:
1. Always check the date first to see if a refund is possible, if not, offer to cancel it and explain our refund policy.
2. If they agree to cancel/refund, then search the domain using the Product Management tool, on the Name.com backend and copy the order ID.
3. Log in to the Symantec Backend, click Quick Search, on the left hand side and paste in the obtained Partner Order ID.
4. On the Order Information page check the common name, and the admin email.
5. Open a new tab and go to the Geotrust End User Home-page
6. referencing the information from the Symantec back end, fill in the domain, email address and image number and click Continue.
7. Click the button to Request Access.
The customer will get an email within 24 hours, with a link to their userportal. There is only one link in the email, at the bottom of the email. Once they click the link it will log them in to their userportal where they will get presented with a few options. In the middle of the screen there will be a button to Cancel Certificate, referenced in the image below:
8. OPTIONAL - Once the certificate is cancelled, that will be reflected in their name.com account, if you click the SSL certificate in their My products section and once cancelled, the system will allow you to issue the refund on the Transaction Page,