When transferring a domain name to Name.com, you will first need to purchase the transfer. Once purchased, you will receive two emails:
- The first email is an invoice for the transaction.
- The second email has a link to approve the transfer. The transfer will remain pending until you click the approval link and submit the transfer.
The approval email will be sent to the administrative email address listed in the domain contacts. You can see what administrative email address currently populating is by performing a Whois lookup.
If the email address is incorrect, or the domain has Whois Privacy enabled, you will not be able to approve the transfer. In this case, you will need to contact the current registrar to update the administrative email address and/or disable the Whois Privacy.
Once the administrative email address is correct, and the Whois Privacy is disabled, you can have the approval email address resent by following these steps:
1. Log into your Name.com account and click My Account from the top of the page.
2. Click Transfers In Progress under my domains in the upper left.
3. Press the blue edit button to the right of the domain name.
4. Select reacquire email from the drop down menu.
5. Press the blue Update button.
You should receive the email to the correct address within 15 minutes of reacquiring it. Make sure to refresh your page to see the correct email address updated on your Transfers in Progress page.