Verisign, the registry behind .COM and .NET, allow users to sync the expiration dates of their domain names to another date. This can be helpful for lining up the expiration dates of your domains to renew all at once or to have the bill come at a financially ideal time of the year.
How to change or sync your domains' expiration dates
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the ACCOUNT tab, located at the top, select TOOLS and then select SYNC EXPIRATION DATES.
- Enter the date you would like to sync the expiration date to. Make sure to leave the Also Sync Whois Privacy option checked.
- Check the box to the left of the domain names you would like to sync.
- Click the green Checkout button. This will bring you to your cart to pay for the pro-rated amount.
Please note, there are a couple of rules:
- The sync can only be scheduled for a date beyond the current expiration date. So if the current expiration date is January 2, 2015, then the sync date cannot be January 1, 2015.
- The registries only allow one sync per renewal. So if you sync the date, you will not be able to do so again until after you renew the domain for at least another full year.