Transferring domain names to Name.com is easy! To transfer a domain name, there are a few requirements to be met. This article covers what makes a domain eligible for transfer as well as the steps necessary to transfer a domain from your losing registrar to your Name.com account.
- The domain name must have been registered at least 60 days ago.
- The domain name cannot have been transferred within the last 60 days.
- The domain name must be unlocked at the current registrar.
- You will need to get the domain name's transfer authorization/EPP code from the current registrar.
If the domain name is eligible for transfer, please follow the instructions below to initiate the transfer:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the DOMAINS tab, located at the top, and select TRANSFER. Or click here.
- Enter the domain and transfer authorization code into the correct fields then click the Add to Cart button.
Note: You can transfer multiple domains at the same time by clicking the Bulk Transfer link.
- This will add the transfer to your shopping cart, You will need to check out, to start the transfer process.
- After the transfer request is submitted, the transfer will take 5-7 days to complete. Once the transfer is successful, you will receive an email confirmation saying the transfer was successful.
Note: If you want to speed up the transfer, you will need to contact the losing registrar and ask them to approve the transfer. We do not have the power on our end to expedite incoming transfers.