If you have a dedicated server or VPS from your hosting provider, you may be asked to register custom domain nameservers. These servers are ones that are at your domain name, such as ns1.(your domain name). Before you can add those nameservers to domain names, you need to register them:
How to register custom nameservers
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right hand corner.
- Click the domain name you would like to manage.
- Click NS Registration on the left side.
- In the Hostname field, enter a prefix, such as NS1. In the IP Address field, enter the IP address that you need the nameserver to point to.
- Click the Register New Nameserver button.
Once you have created the nameservers, you can add them to any domain names you own.