Creating a payment profile is the first step towards setting up Automatic Renewal for your domains and products. When you make an initial purchase, you're given the option to save your payment information as a payment profile, but if you would like to set one up without making a purchase, follow these steps.
How to add a payment profile to your Name.com account
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the ACCOUNT tab, located at the top, select PROFILE and then select BILLING AND RENEWAL.
- From the Payment Profiles screen, click Add New Payment Profile at the bottom.
- Enter your payment information in the required fields. This information must exactly match the information that your credit card company or bank has on file. You also have the option of giving each profile an alias (ex: "Personal Credit Card" or "Visa Debit Card"). Once you're finished, click the Create Profile button. As long as no errors in the information are detected, the payment profile will be successfully created.
- You can add additional methods of payment to your account. If you have two payment methods, you can use the second as a backup-card in the event that the first one fails. Once you have two or more cards added, click the Make Default or Make Backup options underneath your payment profiles to rank them.
- If you want to use account credit for Automatic Renewal, check the box to Use your Account Credit first for automatic renewals. Account credit will be used until it runs out and then your Default payment method will be charged for future billing.
Note: Currently, payment profiles for automatic billing can only be set up for credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express). Unfortunately, PayPal and Alipay is not a supported payment method for automatic billing. Account Credit can be used for automatic renewals, but you must set a default payment profile (Debit or Credit Card) as well. If you're unable to add your Payment Profile, please see this guide.