ICANN, the group that regulates domain names, has added some new requirements about domain contacts. Whenever a domain is registered or the contact details are changed, the changes now have to be verified. Normally, when you do this, you will get a pop up box. You will need to check your phone or email for the verification code and enter it into the pop up box.
If you close the pop up box, you will need to request a new verification. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right hand corner.
- There is a red banner that says This Domain has an Unverified Contact. Click on this banner where it says Verify Now.
- Click the check box next to the contact.
- Click the blue Verify E-mail button. You can also click the Blue Arrow and select Verify by Phone instead.
- Click the link in the email to verify the contacts.
Then just check for the email or phone verification and follow the instructions provided.