Two-step verification offers an additional security layer on top of your username-password combination. Google Authenticator and Authy are bound to the devices they were set up on and in the event that something happens to your device we have added a backup process to get you access using text messaging (SMS). Below are the steps on how to ufse your phone to receive backup texts:
Note: This process is dependent upon you having a device already setup. If you have not setup Google Authenticator, please see Setting up Two-Step Verification with Google Authenticator.
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the User icon (), located at the top right, open the drop-down menu, and click Settings.
- Click Two-Step Verification located in the left column, under Security.
- On the Two-Step Verification page, a notification will appear as illustrated below:
- Download the app, and use the 6 digits the app generated for you to log in.
- If successfully entered, you will see the message stating it worked, and if you lose your credential just follow the prompts at login and we'll send a one-time account recovery text message with a verification code to the number you just entered.
- Click Back to My account to return.
Note: Also feel free to generate and use backup codes as an added layer of fail-safe, using Creating backup codes for Two-Step Verification.