If you have chosen G Suite to be your domains email service provider, there are just a few steps before you can use your new email!
- First, you need to purchase G Suite which can be done by clicking the PRODUCTS, located at the top, then select EMAIL
- Enter in the number of users you wish to buy and click Add Cart.
- Proceed to checkout and pay using your preferred method of payment
The next steps will be setting up G Suite.
- To locate your new G Suite product, click the green My Products button.
- Click the G Suite Tab and then the green button Setup now.
- Select the domain you would like to use with G Suite. You may either select a domain from within your account using the drop down or manually enter a domain that is registered outside of name.com and click Next Step.
Note: You will need to be the current owner of this domain.
- Enter in your personal information and click Next Step.
Note: It's imperative that the alternative email address is valid and working.
- Enter your admin email (master account) and a password.
Note: The password length has to be a minimum of 8 characters and you will be required to enter it in twice, matching.
- Enter the billing information, as outlined in the screenshot below and click Complete Setup:
Note: This payment method will be used by default when your G Suite subscription renews and for use for other products that have automatic billing enabled. If you want to use a different payment method for renewal, make sure to change your billing and renewal settings after completing setup.
If you have no MX records in place, it will add them automatically.
If you do have MX records in place, our system will pop up a window stating it wants to change your old MX records to G Suite records. Press OK to complete the process.
The next step is verifying your domain.
- Click on the Verify Now button on the G Suite Management Page.
This will bring you to the G Suite Admin Panel where you will need to log in the Admin account you have just created. Once logged in, please Accept Terms of Service.
Once you have accepted the terms of service you will proceed to the admin panel and Verify your domain.
Google will then detect where your domain is hosted. If it is registered with name.com then you will click Yes, take me to Name.com
Once you log into name.com you will be prompted with a message of Google requesting your permission to verify that you are in fact the owner. Click I Accept to proceed.
This will then add a TXT record that Google has verified your domain.
Note: Once this record is added it may take up to 24-48 hours for full verification to propagate.
Congratulations! You are now set up with your G Suite Email!