Name.com allows our customers to change the domain for our hosting products as you see fit. It's important to note that while we can change the domain for the hosting, the file-structure and content would remain the same. This means that changing the domain for the hosting would not make the current content shift over to work with the new domain. The content and domain would all have to be accounted for this. If you have WordPress, more steps are involved with changing the domain, but there are plugins to make this change easier for you and you can also read their help tutorial here.
- Log into your Name.com account.
- in the top right-hand corner, click the My Products button.
- Click on the Hosting tab and then select the hosting plan you want to change the domain for.
- In the Hosting Details section, click CHANGE DOMAIN.
- Choose a domain from the list, or Manually assign a domain, and click Update to finalize the change.
That's it! The change to the hosting product should be instant, but keep in mind DNS propagation and caching could take some time to update.
Don't have hosting?